But, anyway, back to the problem at hand! How in the heck am I going to hold off testing? Tomorrow is 6dp5dt, which is still pretty early to test, I think. I don't know how other people can wait! I just know I am going to test.
I will post the results, good or bad, tomorrow morning. I don't think I'll be too crushed if it is negative; I'm sort of expecting that anyway. I'll taken 100's of HPT's over the last 7 years, with 99% being negative. But I've never taken one after an IVF cycle, so that changes things.
At this point, I am really happy to have a bunch of frozen embryos. If this cycles fails, I will have that to look forward to, which I think will help (a little, anyway) with the feeling of defeat, depression, etc.
So, it appears I have made my mind up that I will test tomorrow. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?
Hey Brooke ... I think I am going to hold off a little longer because I never POAS earlier to make sure the HcG had cleared my system. So I don't want a false positive. Also, I feel like the answer is a BFN anyway ... I had cramps today which makes me concerned. But if you want to test, no one could blame you!! We are all dying to find out and trying to wait is pretty much the hardest thing ever!
ReplyDeleteOh, Sonja - I have had cramps every day since ER! I hope this doesn't mean we're out of the running! I don't think it does...
ReplyDeleteI really we get good news soon!
Wishing you huge bfp thoughts tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI will be testing next week. I can't imagine how many hpts I have peed on over the years. It has been since 1998, so I'm with you, Brooke, on the familiarity with the lack of a second line. I go for the "let me down easy" method of dealing with a negative. i.e. 10dpo negative "well, that's ok. It is early." 11dpp still negative "Well, hmmm. Maybe it still is a little early". 12 dpo- stark white "Ok, probably is negative. Damn." 13 dpo not a second line in sight "Ok, face it. Negative"... I really can't imagine finding out from my RE's office on the phone.
But, I'm thinking you will get awesome news!!
Hi Brooke, I just found your blog and had to pop in and wish you luck for your last few days of your 2ww. To POAS or not to POAS is always a tricky question. Can't wait to see your result! good luck
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing the results!! Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteYikes, I'm too nervous. The HCG just started being produced yesterday or today, so it's pretty early. The earliest I have heard of someone getting a + is 7dp so you're close; but for me I'm nervous even for a + after Heather's awful ordeal. My plan for now is to wait till beta, but of course that could change. Whatever you do, update us! Good luck Brooke! Don't get down if it's - because you could still be preggo.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brooke -- you gave me a little hope back hearing that I am not the only one with cramps. Maybe it really is nothing. I haven't had anymore yet today. Ugh I am dying over here!!
ReplyDeletethinking of you this morning, hoping all goes perfectly!!!
ReplyDelete