Monday, November 16, 2009

Anyone ever...

...have a lot of pain in the ovary area after transfer? I am still peeing, not too bloated, but am in a ton of pain, and don't think I can take it too much longer! I emailed my nurse, and will call the clinic if it doesn't improve. I keep waiting for it to get better...it is just on my right side, and it feels like a burning pain. Like a bad cyst, I guess. I don't even know if I can take pain meds after transfer? I doubt it, but am not sure... I hope this goes away asap.


5 comments:

  1. I've never had post-ET pain really. This time, though, I feel like I'm really "full" in my reproductive region. The visual swelling has gone down some but my actual organs feel like they are still enlarged or something..? Not sure what's up in there. It doesn't hurt though so I'm just waiting it out.
    You can take TYLENOL! I hope it gets better. And that the nurse can be of some help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I am not sure. This was my first transfer and it was completely painless during and so far after. It sounds to me like maybe you have a swollen ovary from all the drugs ... maybe it's mild OHSS ... nothing to be too freaked out about, it just takes time to go down. You can definitely take tylenol like Nicole said. You might try a warm (emphasis on WARM not hot) pack directly on the ovary (avoiding your uterus of course) to help. I think it's good that you called your doctor though. Hang in there ... *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! It totally happened to me!! I think its just the body recovering from mass egg production, ER, ET...A lot has happened down there recently...Hope you feel better soon!! :)

    (I'd call your doc just to be safe though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling much better super quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I am FOR SURE getting out tomorrow, no matter how badly DH wants me to stay in bed. (He's convinced that bed rest will help improve our odds). Maybe we'll compromise and do non-active activities like go to the movies or something. Tomorrow I will NOT be in my bed.
    You have SUCH EXCELLENT ODDS! If you make it to 5day ET with a good looking blast you have amazing chances for success. Your TWO blasties were both hatching and looked beautiful! I seriously can't imagine that this didn't work for you! But of course I understand that, no matter how good your odds are, they can never be 100% and thus the worry ensues. I hope we can all make it to our betas next week with our sanity in tact! Good luck to you Brooke! Let me know if you find something that helps with the crazies :)

    ReplyDelete