Monday, January 25, 2010

Sufficiently Suppressed!

I went in on Saturday for my supp check, and everything looks good. No cysts, and my E2 was 51. I started the Vivelle yesterday, and they only thing I've got going in is some kind of cyst-like/ovulation pain on my right side. It is pretty intense. If it keeps up I will mention it to the nurse on Wednesday. I move up from one patch to two tomorrow, and they'll test my E2 on Wednesday. And then I don't go back in until Sunday for an ultrasound and another E2 check.

FET's are a breeze. So much so that I was really bad and almost forgot to take my Lupron a few times, whoops. I am not thinking too much about it, I guess. I hope I didn't mess anything up by not sticking to a strict timetable for my injections. I was super vigilant last time and it didn't really get my anywhere, so I guess I don't need to be perfect. I'm down to 5 units of Lupron now, so I am happy about that. I am supposed to take it for another 9 or 10 days - it really looks like my vial is almost empty, but the nurse said 'you'll have enough!' She probably knows what she's talking about.

We spoke with my MIL last night, and my niece has until the end of the quarter to improve her grades. I guess we are the theoretical military school in this scenario... I have no idea what is going to happen, but we are ready and willing for her arrival...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a crazy sudden possible family growth spurt! How wonderful for S & Z that you and DH are willing to give them a loving home. I hope it all works out for the absolute best.
    Yay for suppression! Your ET will be here in a flash, especially with all the S & Z stuff to occupy your mind and time.
    PS- Yup I do have a "grossly retroverted uterus". Lol, I thought Dr. K's addition of the word grossly was a bit comical. :) You too? (have a retro ute?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another retroverted uterus here! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you may have your hands full in a year! Very nice of you to consider taking on the responsibilities of your neice and nephew.

    Good luck with your FET. I thought the same thing about my lupron bottle! One thing I noticed, that I hadn't really thought about or expected, was that after I started the estrogen I had tons of EWCM and felt like I was going to ovulate. I wish they had told me that might happen. I worried for a day or so that I was going to ovulate and ruin the cycle.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad supp. check went well. Feeling like this well really be it for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear you're all suppressed and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete