Our relatively unsocialized yellow lab really got an education over the past holiday season. She met so many dogs of other family members, and it was a huge test for her. She is actually pretty aggressive for a lab, and we were pretty worried. For the safety of the other dogs, that is. But, she handled it so well, even when my cousin's cute puppy would not leave her alone. Lily wore a red bow for Christmas (surrogate child?!) and the puppy just tore and tore at it. We had to take it off eventually, to spare our girl any neck problems. It was pretty adorable. We are thinking of getting another dog, or maybe a cat. Not sure. Lily needs a mate, I think. Maybe a rescue lab. Or a pound kitty.
If I don't get pregnant and have a baby soon, you might find me putting my dog in a stroller and wheeling her around the neighborhood.
Please let this FET work. LOL.
That's great that Lily was able to be so social. I always get jealous when I hear people are adopting a new pet!! I am dying for another cat, but my DH isn't an animal person and my one cat was our compromise! Sadness. If you do get a pet, take a photo! =)
ReplyDeleteI still have everything crossed that this FET will work!
I thought at first the one dog was holding the other dog's leash in it's mouth. Very cute.
ReplyDeleteLily and her pal are adorable! :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE that picture of the bow being pulled from her neck....what a riot!! Dogs are fantastic!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe got one poundd rescue dog and got her a brother a few months later (another pound puppy), and it has been FABULOUS!! Our 2nd pup eats like a horse so it's been a bit more $$, but they are best best friends and we just love them both TO DEATH! Can't imagine not having them both :) My vote would be a pound puppy; but then I don't like cats so that's a biased opinion ;)
ReplyDeleteHow awesome about your cycle being pushed up a couple days! I've read about that MTHFR or whatever gene or someone else's blog (I wish I could remember whose). You'll have to update us on that. GOOD LUCK with this ongoing FET! :)
Lily is so cute! We have a cat, and I really really want a dog, but my husband wants one animal at a time.
ReplyDeleteI got your comment. Thanks for posting! I am on the west side. I go to PNW Fert. I like it! My doctor doesn't do Lupron for FET, which seems really wierd to me. However, I am not going to ask for more shots. How are yours going?
I am transitioning to a different blog to document my infertility journey. I have too many in real life friends who read Too Much of Nothing. . . and felt like I couldn't really vent. My new blog is http://belowaverageathlete.blogspot.com/
Hopefully, our transfers will be here soon!