Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cough, sneeze, wheeze, repeat...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What I will really remember about Christmas 2009 is the cold/flu we brought back from California. We may never return! I am such a sissy about being sick. I do not handle it well, at all. The whole world stops for me, and I bury myself in bed, watching movies. Dear husband is sick as well, and since he can work from home, he's hunkering down with me. Which is sort of fun, I guess. We've watched probably 10 movies and the 4th season of Alias in the last week.

As for my FET, I guess we've officially started it. I passed my baseline ultrasound and E2 check on the 31st, so I started my birth control pills that day. I start the Lupron on Tuesday. Everything got moved up a few days because I actually ovulated on my own over the holidays and my RE wanted to go ahead and start the FET on day three of my natural period. So, that was kind of cool.

One interesting thing is that my RE has now decided to cut the Estrace out of my meds completely. I haven't had the chance to ask why. I think it has something to do with my adenomyosis. I also got 10 weeks worth of PIO delivered to my house with all the other meds. That comes with a LOT of syringes/needles! I am not doing any suppositories at all during this FET! I am so excited about that!

I do have to go in to the clinic tomorrow morning for a last minute blood draw. They are testing for MTHFR, and some blood clotting factor-something or other-Leiden-not sure... I have it written down somewhere... I guess if it comes back bad, I will be starting Lovenox/Heparin, plus something else... I also saw my new Rheumatologist last week, but I have to go now, so I'll have to post about that later... Can't wait to catch up on all the blogs soon...

3 comments:

  1. I am at the same place you are again this cycle. I started BCPs on the 30th. I am still writing on my Too Much of Nothing blog, but started another one. I have too many "real life" friends that read that, and I don't feel like I can really vent there as much as I want to. It was kind of wierd after the first IVF didn't work. If you want to hear more about infertility journey, you can read at http://belowaverageathlete.blogspot.com/ Good luck this cycle! I will be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am sorry you've been sick. The flu sucks!! That's awesome that you ovulated on your own, too, and that you get to move up your schedule because of it. When's your first u/s?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke!! Welcome back to blog world...we missed you!! SO sorry you've been sick....yuck! Get well soon and I cant wait to follow you through your FET!! All the best wishes for a REALLY happy new year!!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete