Monday, January 18, 2010

Last of the little ironic pills!

Just took my last birth control pill for the FET, and am very happy about it! I hate those pills. They make me feel terrible, not sure why - they are Loestrin. Anyhoo - mark another item off my list of things to do before the FET. Hopefully I'll start estrogen on Sunday after my suppression check. I have never taken plain estrogen for anything, so that will be a new experience. Just Vivelle for now, my estrace was taken off my protocol. I think they are trying to keep my uterus calm as possible. I have had good, thick linings in the past, so maybe they feel I don't need two kinds of estrogen. I am going to ask on Saturday at the ultrasound. Can a lining be too thick - is that possible?

Okeedokee, I'll go back to cleaning my house now, I just had to acknowledge this great last day of bcp's with a mini post.

5 comments:

  1. My FET protocol is a blur. Seriously, I can't remember a thing except being excited that all I had to do was take some pills and didn't have to endure a single shot. (My RE was kind and never prescribed PIO, just the suppositories.)

    I hope it goes quickly for you as well, and that you get to transfer with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I am only doing estrogen injections for my FET. They are a lot like PIO, so I'm glad they are only every three days. For some reason my RE doesn't prescribe patches or oral estrogen. This is the first time I've taken straight estrogen too and I can't say I've had any side effects other than EWCM (oh the irony...)

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight was my last bcp too! I have been pretty moody on them, so I am happy to be done. I have suppression check on Thursday and will start the patches if it all goes well. We are getting closer. Thanks for making the transition over to my new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your last BCP! I have heard that an ideal lining is 14mm. Mine was 17mm at my last transfer though and I still got pregnant, even though the docs thought it was a little thick. I would guess as long as it's not crazy-thick that a little too thick would be preferable to a little too thin?

    Good luck with the estrogen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "little ironic pills"....LOVE IT!! So funny and TRUE!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

    ps. my lining was 11mm when I got pregnant, so it seems that there is a wide range...best of luck for a perfect lining!! :)

    ReplyDelete