My second beta, at 17dpo aka 12dp5dt, came back at 518! Doubling time: 1.8 days. It felt like it took forever waiting for the results to come through on the patient portal. I thought I was going to lose my mind, vacillating between complete despair and knowing that the number was going to be okay. Totally bonkers.
I thought it might turn out okay, because I am not feeling too good, I can feel the hcg building I guess, and already have weird cravings like lemons with salt! And I seem to have lost my sweet tooth, which I guess is good!
I haven't talked to my nurse yet, so I am not sure if I am done with betas or what. I hope so! Let's set up the first ultrasound appointment! I am really glad to have gotten this far...we're so happy!
Update: My first ultrasound is scheduled for March 7! The nurse said they love my numbers and hope to not see me until the 7th! No more betas unless something comes up. 11 days til the 7, I think...that'll be six weeks. I hope there is something good to see!
That is great news! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news! I totally lost my sweet tooth the first trimester! Congrats on a strong second beta! :-)
ReplyDeleteAmazing!!!! I bet you have twins in there!!!! Big number!! I'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for a blogger award....go check it out on my blog if you have the time.
Congratulations, Brooke!!!!!!!
Thanks for the congrats, guys!
ReplyDeletePriscilla - I need to do some commenting later or tomorrow morning. I saw that award from a few weeks ago, and I want to write about it, but I need to find some pictures first. I loved looking at your pics, so I want to do that too...just gotta find them all on an old computer...
Beautiful #'s! March 7th will both be here before you know it AND take forever to get here.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic beta!! I was the same way last Friday waiting for my third beta results as my dr was a lot later in calling that normal. I wonder with your numbers if you have more than one bean in there. Hopefully the time until your u/s goes by fast! I look forward to hearing about it. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThis is great!!!! Love the betas =)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm glad I'm not the only weird one, I've been on a lime and salt rampage lately lol
Those numbers look fantastic! I am feeling pretty good. I have a lot of cramping and some difficulty sleeping, but it all makes me smile. How are you doing?
ReplyDeleteWow, that number is awesome! You are riding just above the "high" line, girl -- looking forward to finding out just how many little ones are in there!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that you like lemons with salt. A pregnancy book I was reading said women often crave lemonade and salty stuff, so I guess it makes sense! =)
Fantastic second number. How reassuring! I agree with Sonja that you are riding high on the line.
ReplyDeleteYay on getting your ultrasound scheduled and you might even get to see the heartbeat then. We couldn't see the heartbeat the first ultrasound, but saw it at 6w3d. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete