Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stims Day One

So, at the suppression check yesterday, my ovaries still have 1,000,000 antral follicles. That's just an approximation. Seriously, my AFC was 70 yesterday, but the size of my ovaries was quite a bit smaller (volume, height, width) so that is good. My lining was 3.65 and I guess that is good as well for the beginning of the cycle. I was concerned for a second that I was going to be canceled because my AFC was still so high, but nope, we are to proceed as planned. I had to wait 5 hours for my estradiol level, which was 43. No problem there, but I had been expecting it to be less. I think the Lupron had a hard time knocking down my estradiol because of my AFC. That's just my guess. But, it's fine, and on we go. This morning at 6:30, my husband, J, prepared and gave me my Follistim injection (we use the pen device) and I gave myself a whopping 5 units of Lupron. I am so glad to backing down on the Lupron dose, it wasn't my favorite drug. The Follistim burned a bit going in, only a little, and I don't feel a thing now. I guess it will take a few days to kick in; I've heard 3 or 4 is when it usually is obvious that the Follistim is doing its thing.
Tonight I start the Menopur, which I will have J mix and inject. That's what he's for, after all. I can just sit back and relax. I am not scared at all of needles or injections, but I do get stressed over the mixing of the meds. So he will do it, for sure. That's about it on the IVF front.
Saturday morning I go in for an estradiol check - no ultrasound that day for me! Follicle checks will commence sometime after that, probably Monday morning is my guess. That'll be day 5 of stims, so hopefully we'll see a lot, but not an outrageous number of good looking follicles. I wonder what size they are supposed to be on day 5? Research!

4 comments:

  1. hi! i use my 75iu of follistim as the diluent for my 2 vials of menopur (150iu) and i take that at night along with my lupron. i'm not on the follistim pen so i can use it as my diluent for the menopur.

    best of luck stimming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to alternate sides and sites! Menopur shouldn't burn, but to me it felt like a lot more was going in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim- that is a cool idea, and one less needle stick. Very cool.

    Mrs. Higrens- I will alternate for sure, and thanks for the heads up about it feeling like more liquid is going in...I heard someone else say that as well, so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good news! Glad it's going along well. Fingers crossed for a good day 5 check up!

    ReplyDelete