Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Adjusting

Day 5 of Lupron is going swimmingly! Feeling much better today; the headache is reduced 95%, at least. Very happy about that. I feel pretty content with how everything is going, I wish I could sleep better at night, but I have had worse insomnia than this (if you would even call it that...)
I am really looking forward to suppression check next Wednesday. One week. It will be a big hurdle for me - at my baseline (have I mentioned this previously? - forgive me if I have...) my antral follicle count was absurdly high. Ridiculous. Granted, I do have PCOS, but 75 is just crazy. Even the RE (this time it was Dr. O), who knows I have PCOS, could not believe what he was seeing. He said "it's better to have these ovaries, rather than the opposite. You can't squeeze water out of a rock." Or something very close to that...I was trying to breathe and not immediately jump to thoughts of OHSS. I know my risk of OHSS is pretty high. Dr. O said we will watch my stims closely, and most likely start at a lower dose than was previously thought. Sounds good to me. I almost overstimmed on 50 mg of Clomid, so I'm going to be on the lookout for any signs of OHSS this time around. But, I don't want to spend my days freaking out about it either. I will have to find a way to walk the middle. I would love to skip forward one week and get to suppression check...I am just dying to know if I will be going forward with stims. My ovaries are feeling pretty quiet. A twinge here and there, but less than normal. I also usually have cramps every day (thank you, adenomyosis!) and haven't had any since I started the Lupron - so I am taking that as a good sign.
My last birth control pill is Friday, so I guess I am to expect a period a few days after that (not really clear on that - will I get a period when I go off bcp's, but am still on Lupron?) I am guessing I will have a light period. Wouldn't that be nice.
So that is all that is going on around here. Husband is back out of town for 4 days, and then no more travelling for work until after our tentatively scheduled embryo transfer...so that will be nice. He requested to be in town for the time between suppression check through embryo transfer, so he will be doing all the mixing/administering of the Follistim, Menopur, Ovidrel, and PIO! He is pretty awesome at injection type stuff, being a scientist type, so I lucked out there...I really hope we get that far...

2 comments:

  1. i am DYING to go to my suppression appt next week too! mine is tuesday. hurdles after hurdles! good luck and glad the lupron is going well. funny that you have insomnia, i have been out like a light since being on the lupron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you will get a period, though possibly light, a few days after your stop BCP. You cannot start stims until you get that flow. I'm glad you're feeling better! I too am having trouble sleeping on my lupron- which is weird because it makes me SOOO drowsy! But come nighttime, I am waking up half a dozen times throughout. Surface sleeping I guess. Maybe THAT's why I'm so tired and the lupron is actually just making me wake up at night...?? Just had that revelation :)
    That is a bit unnerving about the potential OHSS scare. They can monitor it well though, especially if they are already aware of the possibility. You might get ER early if that's the case (what happened to me on IVF#1), and then maybe DH will be home for ET too! YAY!

    ReplyDelete