So, I will try very hard to pay attention, and not start daydreaming about other things. I do not want to get to my first injection (Saturday!!!) and proceed to spaz/blank/black out. Which will probably happen no matter how hard I concentrate during the class. Will sit in the front of the class. I am now envisioning desks like in an elementary schoolroom. That can't be right. Will I be called on? I really hope everyone else is as clueless as me... I am not sure if there will be other couples/people there, or if it is just us. Maybe the 'class' will just take place in a exam room. I can only hope I get to keep my pants on for this visit to the clinic.
When I went to this class it was held in my doctor's office waiting room and we sat on the couches. The nurse pulled up a chair and it was very casual/not classroom-ish (it was on a Saturday so no patients were waiting, just us trainees). There were about four other couples there and everyone was clueless so don't worry about feeling dumb.
ReplyDeleteNo matter how stupid you may feel, though, MAKE SURE TO ASK ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!!! You'll regret it in the worst way come shot time if you don't remember or aren't sure.
We didn't bring our meds- they had practice supplies there and little fake skin things to inject. I HIGHLY doubt you'll actually be sticking yourself at the class.
If you don't have needle phobia then injections won't be as difficult as you anticipate. If you do, you'll get over it in a jiffy, lol. You'll be a pro very soon!
And I'm sure you will be able to don your panties the entire time :)
Don't worry about it. I know that sounds silly, but really. I got worked up about it too and then it wasn't that big of a deal. You'll be FINE! Good luck! I hope the nurse gets back to you and you come away feeling prepared. Oh, and don't get freaked if the nurse goes into detail about all the possible side effects of each med. My training nurse did that- and then I had none of the awful experiences she related, so all she did was scare me to death. It's pretty unlikely that you'll get many of them at all, let alone the bad effects.
Let us know how it goes :)
Wow, I think I wrote more in my comment than you did on your post! lol, sorry for the novel :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to welcome you to the blogging world! Good luck with your IVF cycle! I am hopefully starting IVF #2 next week so I'll be right behind you. =)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for your BFP!
(from LFCA)