Monday, March 8, 2010

Good news, and some just slightly less than

Well, first of all, there's this:
















Yep, it's twins!  We got to see the heartbeats for each of them, about 100 bpm or so.  It varied, above and below that mark.  It was awesome.  One of the fetuses (as my Dr. called it) was a little harder to measure and measured a day or two behind, but said it was no big deal and that they looked great and the heartbeats were strong.  So that was all good.

Last Thursday, right after I puked up everything I had eaten all day, I felt a gush and started bleeding.  It was just the one gush, and then I spotted for a few days, each day getting less and less.  I had almost no spotting as I went in to the ultrasound.  After the ultrasound, I felt another gush, just the once, and am now slightly spotting.  I had small clots each time, with the initial gush.  My Dr. did not seem concerned at all, and just said to call if it gets heavy etc.  I don't have much cramping at all.  I am really trying to hope for the best!

I go back in for another ultrasound at 8 weeks, or 13 more long days.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I spotted for the first 9 weeks of pg. I'm hoping your spotting resolves soon.... Ick on having to wait 13 more days for a second ultrasound. Will your doctor not get you in sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    Emily over at "A Hope and Wish..." ( http://emilymorrisfoster.blogspot.com/ )
    is also pregnant with twins post-FET and has had a lot of spotting along the way, so you aren't alone, but it still really stinks and I hope it settles down soon so you can enjoy growing your duo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (this may be a duplicate...not sure where my original comment went)

    Yay for twins!

    (Emily over at "A Hope and A Wish..." (http://emilymorrisfoster.blogspot.com) is about 3 weeks ahead of you with a post-FET twin pregnancy and she has had a lot of bleeding/spotting as well, so you aren't alone. That said, I hope you don't see any more blood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twins, wow! Beautiful pics!!! I hope the spotting stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay twins!!!! With you high betas I had a feeling there were two buns in there!!! :)

    Boo about the bleeding. I hope that it clears up and that your doctor's lack of concern is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, twins?! That's amazing! What happy news. You must be over the moon! I'm sure you're just happy to hear heartbeats. Period. What a huge hurdle to jump over!

    Sorry about the bleeding. Glad your doc isn't too concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. horray! I am so excited for you! I love to follow other twin blogs! best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations twins...amazing & exciting!!! Hope that the bleeding is resolved soon & everyone is okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations & welcome to the wonderful world of multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and peace for your road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes, how AWESOME!! I am so excited for you! You get two for your two IVFs :) Congrats Brooke!! I hope the bleeding/spotting stays away

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! My first ultrasound is on 3/15. Very exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TWINS!!! Brooke, I am so excited for you! =) Congratulations!! I know the bleeding must be scary ... I had a similar incident, too, and all turned out to be fine, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you that things go smoothly. I am sorry you're feeling sick to your stomach, too. BUT TWINS! Awww yay! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for twins!!!

    I had a heavy bleeding incident when pregnant with my twins. They were fine, and I never had another bleeding incident. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the twins! looking great!
    how wonderful! I am very very very happy for you.
    and the bleeding? gosh darn, that just sucks and is scary and I hope it stops. I know it is "common" but that does not help when it is happening to you.

    very happy for your beautiful ultrasound!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete