Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the 2nd trimester.  I really can't believe I am still pregnant.  I still think this can not be happening to me, but it seems to be, so I better get used to it.  We had our first OB appointment yesterday, and it was pretty fun.  I love my Dr, and her nurse, they're the best. I gained 1 pound in the first trimester, so I was very happy about that.  I attribute that to my loss of a sweet tooth, still.  
Next Friday I have to go in and do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test; hopefully I'll pass.  If not, I'll do the 3 hour test the following week.  I'm off my metformin now, and if I don't pass I'll be put on glyburide.  I am pretty scared of getting gestational diabetes, and do try to watch my sugar/carb intake.  But you never know, especially with my PCOS and IR.  Grrr.
We are starting to think about putting together a registry.  We are going to do one at Babies R Us and another at Pottery Barn Kids.  I guess that'll be enough.  I really don't like Babies R Us, but what are the alternatives? The only reason I don't like it is because every time I have been in there, there are so many things to look at, I get overwhelmed.  LOL.  I have a list of items we want, so we won't be walking around aimlessly, I hope...
So, tomorrow is 13 weeks, and I am sure we will do something small to celebrate, probably go out to brunch.  
Have a great rest of your weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 2T!! Hope you enjoy your celebration brunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reaching the 2nd trimester!! I hope you pass your 1 hr glucose test. I get my results on Monday and am sooo nervous (I'm at high risk b/c of having quads). I'm convinced I'll starve to death without carbs lol.

    I don't like Babies R Us much either. Try BuyBuyBaby -- sooo much better and the staff is awesome and way more knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for reaching the 2nd trimester!

    I'm going with Target and Amazon.com instead of Babies R Us. Since there isn't a BRU near us, it was an easy decision.

    ReplyDelete