Made a unexpected trip to get an ultrasound yesterday morning after too much red spotting, complete with a couple clots, the night before. The baby looked great, was dancing around, and we loved it. Very happy about that! The heart rate was 185 this time. On the picture they gave us, you can see all of the baby's teeth. It's kind of freaky, but also awesome. I'll post it below...
I am not so happy about the 5 cm fibroid they found on the scan. I was pretty surprised about the size of the fibroid, and how no one had mentioned it previously. But, I guess it may have grown quickly due to all the estrogen and PIO I have been taking. (Only a few more weeks of all that, we started tapering today!) I also have a small subchorionic hematoma where the miscarried twin was attached. So, I should expect spotting, don't be too alarmed by it, take it easy, and remain on pelvic rest. At first my OB said bedrest, and then backed off. I rest a lot already, so it's no biggie.
During this short, emergency type appt with my OB, she gave me a referral to the Maternal Fetal Medicine group, and I have an appointment for my first trimester prenatal diagnosis scan and bloodwork for next Friday. Just another hurdle to pass, I guess.
Every time I see the baby on ultrasound, this pregnancy gets a little more real. When I saw the baby move, it sunk in even more. Maybe this is really, really happening.
PS. Can you see the teeth? Those bright spots? DH says they're teeth. I never know what I'm looking at, but they do look like teeth. Why am I surprised by this? I don't know. I'm still surprised there is an actual fetus/baby in there, too... LOL!

Sorry you had scary bleeding, but how wonderful to see a wiggling little bundle of baby!
ReplyDeleteThis whole pregnancy thing after trying for so long is quite odd, isn't it?
Scary stuff, but I'm glad all looks ok.... When I first saw the MFM, she scared the hell out of the relating to two fibroids I have. So far no issues with them, but I do understand that pregancny itself can cause them to grow. Hoping yours stays quiet for the remaninder of the pregnancy. Take it easy and congrats on seeing baby moving around!!
ReplyDeleteYikes, bleeding is always so scary even when they tell you to expect it! I'd definitely take it easy if you've got a hematoma in there. That being said, I'm so glad all is well with your baby! I love that picture. My DH is a dentist so he will get a kick out of this u/s pic!
ReplyDelete