Thursday, April 15, 2010

11 weeks + 4 days

Bullet points today!  
  • Tomorrow is my NT screening ultrasound.  I am a little nervous, given my age, etc.  More than anything I am excited to see the baby again on ultrasound!  I am addicted.  I think I will be having the blood test as well.  My appt isn't until late afternoon, so I will have all day to fret. I was thinking of getting a pedicure in the morning...but I don't know any nice salons in my area yet, so it will take some research...we'll see.
  • I heard the baby's heartbeat on the cheapie doppler I bought off amazon.  I used it right after I woke up, and it was awesome.  The rate seemed slow, but I think it's just the monitor that is off.  I could tell the heart was beating very fast!  The doppler was about 35.00, and so worth it.  I think it's called HeartSounds?  
  • I am still spotting everyday, but it does seem to have tapered off a bit.  It doesn't scare me quite as much as it used to, because I feel like I know why it's happening (fibroid, hematoma.)  I just take it easy if it acts up.  I do have some localized cramping, which I know is the fibroid.  That can be scarier, I hope it doesn't get too much worse.  Right now I am thankful that the baby seems to be positioned quite a bit away from both the hematoma and the big fibroid.  We'll check it all out again tomorrow at the ultrasound.
  • I am 10 days from the second trimester.  I really hope I get there!  If I do, I don't know how much longer I can hold off with the nursery furniture shopping, etc.  I am already looking...it is really expensive!  I can't wait to do a registry, even thought that process seems overwhelming.  That won't happen until after we know the gender, I suppose.  
  • I did buy a pair of maternity jeans from the gap online, and with the sale and a coupon, they were only 18.00.  I hope they fit okay, I can't wear my favorite pair anymore.  I've got a tiny, miniscule bump going on.  And some flab from all those hormones and previous stim cycle.  Definitely not from my steady diet of bread, fruit, and other carbs.  No way.
Well, that's about it from over here...I will post an update sometime after my NT scan.  It might be Saturday morning... I HOPE IT GOES WELL! 

4 comments:

  1. I dunno, I started the registry before we knew the gender - some places let you keep it private until you are ready - just because I had to do something, even if it was all just theoretical.

    So glad all is going well, and my fingers (& toes) are crossed for tomorrows NT ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!!! I'm sure it will go well. And definitely GO get that pedicure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about it!! Good luck! You will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your big appt tomorrow, Brooke! Enjoy seeing your little one again!

    ReplyDelete