Thursday, December 10, 2009

FET #1 calendar + medications

Prescriptions

Patient Name / ID:

Provider:

Janet L. Kennedy, MD

Rx ID:

Order Date:

12/10/2009 04:19 PM

Cycle - Protocol:

Cycle Start Date:

Pharmacy Information

Pharmacy Name:

MDR Pharmaceutical Care

Address:

16500 Ventura Blvd.
Suite 110
ENCINO, CA 91436

Business:

(800) 515-3784

Business Fax:

(818) 501-7044

Prescription information
MedicationSIGQuantityRefillSubstitution
Vivelle Dot 100 mcg/24 hr - PatchApply the number of dots as directed by your calendar605DAW
Medrol 16 mg - Tablets16 mg po qd when directed by your calendar50DAW
Tranxene 7.5 mg - Tablets1 po 1 hr before ET10DAW
Syringe 3cc 18g 1.5 in --- N/A - N/AAs direced120DAW
Doxycycline 100 mg - Tablets1 po BID x 5 days when directed by your calendar100DAW
Prometrium 200 mg - Capsule1 pv TID as directed when directed by your calendar603DAW
Loestrin 1.5/30 1 - - Tablets1 po qd as directed10DAW
Progestrone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml - Injection50 mg IM BID as directed20DAW
Needle 25g 1.5 in --- N/A - N/AAs directed120DAW
Estrace 2 mg - Tablets1 tablet per vagina at bedtime.306DAW
Leuprolide 1mg/0.2 2-Wks Kits --- mg - -Take as directed11DAW

I thought I would post my medication list for my FET, just in case someone stopped by that was looking for info on FET's, etc. Not that I have a clue. But, I now know what meds I'm going to be taking, except I notice that I was prescribed suppositories again, but I know I am doing PIO for 10 weeks (knock on wood, LOL) so I'll have to remind the Dr. about that later on. I hate it when that happens!

Here is my calendar: ...aw crap, how do I copy and paste from Adobe? WTF. I'm a dummy. Ok, I will have to type it out. But I'm lazy, so that's not going to happen! Here are the highlights!

1/05: Start BCP's

1/14: Start Lupron

1/25: Suppression check

1/26: Start Vivelle

1/29: E2 check

2/02: Endometrium check

2/06: Endometrium check, prepare for ET

2/12: Day 5 transfer

2/22: Beta hCG

It makes me so ridiculously happy to have this piece of paper to look at. I love, love, love having a plan, so this is very good for me. I can't wait to get started. Oh - and I learned that my clinic does 'vitrification' of the blastocysts - different that the standard freezing. They have a 95% thaw rate. I don't think all clinics do this method yet. Here's a tidbit from Dr. Google:

Freezing Cleavage-stage Embryos by Vitrification Improves Outcome


July 9, 2009 Embryo cryopreservation is known to offer several advantages during ART cycles, including enhancing cumulative pregnancy rates, preventing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, reducing multiple pregnancy rates, and lowering treatment costs. After the vitrification technology for cryopreservation was developed, several studies have compared the slow freezing technique and vitrification method in relation to post-thaw survival, implantation, and live-birth rates. Now, a new retrospective study published in the Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics highlights the efficacy of cleavage-stage embryo vitrification in improving the survival rate, post-thaw embryo morphology, and pregnancy outcomes, compared to the slow-freezing technique.

Have a great weekend, everyone!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome! LOVE having a plan. BCP will be on board before you know it! Christmas in two weeks, New Years, then FET begins! I'm so excited for you. Hopefully your dream/thought (about FET being the success for you) will be just as 'prophetic' as Sonja's dream was! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was perfect timing. I have my FET meeting tonight with my ICF coordinator. It will be interesting to see whether I get a similar list of meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plans are so great. They make you feel prepared and able to visualize the future. It adds a sense of control to the craziness. I really hope everything goes smoothly and your FET results in a little baby!

    P.S. Did you see the Estrace tablet -- 1 per vagina?! As if you have multiples or something. lol.

    P.P.S. So awesome that your lab does vitrification. I have heard that is the best way to freeze embryos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a PLAN is wonderful!!! Go Brooke Go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete